2020 Pice Iloilo Chapter First Event
PHILIPPINE INSTITUTE OF CIVIL ENGINEERS (PICE)
NEW NORMAL, OLD-KEPT VALUES
PICE ILOILO’S COMMITMENT: STRUCTURAL AND PROFESSIONAL INTEGRITY
The Philippine Institute of Civil Engineers (PICE), the country’s official organization of civil engineers unify in leading communities into the “New Normal.” Coming from both the private and public sectors, the sentiments are one with the government. We act as one. We heal as one. We shall recover as one.
And this is where PICE Iloilo Chapter takes off on its commitment as the 2020 officers and members took their oath in January.
The mission is basic: Uphold the fundamental principles of a Civil Engineer.
The vision is clear: Hold on to the fundamental Canons as so stated in the PICE’s Code of Ethics.
Civil engineers uphold and advance the integrity, honor and dignity of the civil engineering profession by:
- using their knowledge and skill for the enhancement of human welfare and the environment;
- being honest and impartial and serving with fidelity the public, their employers/employees and clients;
- striving to increase the competence and prestige of the civil engineering profession; and
- supporting the professional and technical societies of their disciplines.
The great honor of being a Civil Engineer carries a great responsibility. It demands us to design and build better infrastructures and likewise, give back to the country and our profession.
The perfect vision 2020 is an opportune time for PICE to set its course to “Focus 20 in (the year) 2020”- an outline of promising agenda to forward the purpose of the organization and the profession while creating a remarkable impact on the quality of life of the people.
- Civil Engineers shall hold paramount the safety, health and welfare of the public and shall strive to comply with the principles of sustainable development in the performance of their duties.
- Civil Engineers shall perform services only in areas of their competence.
- Civil Engineers shall issue public statements only in an objective and truthful manner.
- Civil Engineers shall act in professional matters for each employer or client as faithful agents or trustees, and shall avoid conflicts of interest.
- Civil Engineers shall build their professional reputation on the merit of their services and shall not compete unfairly with others.
- Civil Engineers shall act in such a manner as to uphold and enhance the honor, integrity, and dignity of the civil engineering profession.
- Civil Engineers shall continue their professional development throughout their careers, and shall provide opportunities for the professional development of those civil engineers under their supervision.
We are with the entire Filipino nation and the world in this era of NEW NORMAL. Yet our commitment is anchored on our old-kept values.
PICE Iloilo, committed to STRUCTURAL AND PROFESSIONAL INTEGRITY.